Wednesday, July 1

Interview With D.J. Bassassin

D.J. Bassassin
Tyler Williams of "Premier A&R" [Artist and Repertoire], introduced Bassassin to us, as well as Tenaj Bze.  We suspect that Bassassin and Tyler William are the same person, since we've seen Bassassin's members listed as Tyler Williams, D.J. and Producer, on several webites. 

D.J.:  Hello!  I am D.J. Bassassin...

La Libertad:  Where were you born?


D.J.:  Poway, California.


La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?


D.J.:  North Hollywood, California.

La Libertad:  What is your occupation?


D.J.:  I am D.J. full time, and when I am not gigging, then I am doing odd jobs in the music industry, or hosting club crawls on Hollywood Boulevard.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work? 


D.J.:  I love being able to make people dance to their favorite songs and exposing them to good songs they haven't heard yet.

La Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?
 

D.J.:  Besides D.J.-ing and producing, I love also listening to music all day on SoundCloud or Spotify.  Not involving music, though, I love watching movies on Redbox with my girlfriend. 

La Libertad:  What inspires you?
 

D.J.:  Listening to music and seeing what other people are doing helps me out when I am in a creative rut.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?
 

D.J.:  The hardest part is the amount of hours put in to get where I want to be.
 

La Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?
 

D.J.:  I only know all the bad words in Spanish from working in several kitchens as a teenager and young adult.
 

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?
 

D.J.:  London, [England]; Cabo San Lucas, [Mexico], Jamaica, are the places outside of the U.S. I have been to.

 

La Libertad:  What are your career goals?
 

D.J.:  To perform in as many clubs and venues as I can.
 

La Libertad:  What projects are you working on?
 

D.J.:  I just wrapped up my second E.P. [Extended Play], so I will just be doing remixes of other D.J.'s until I am ready for my third release.
 

[NOTE:  Bassassin has apparently released one E.P., titled "In Yo Face!"

La Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?
 

D.J.:   I will be the D.J. for the West L.A. Mini Artwalk.

[NOTE:  This event is apparently scheduled for July 11, at two-o'-clock in the afternoon, in Culver City.]
 

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?
 

D.J.:  My Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/djbassassin


La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?
 

D.J.:  I want to shout my P.R.[Public Relations] team, Mayhem Entertainment P.R. and Premier A and R for getting me the opportunity to speak with LA Libertad, and stream both my E.P.'s on Spotify or Tidal.

Interview by Libertad Green

Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment