Saturday, November 1

Interview With Wilson Sandoval

Wilson Sandoval
Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan  "Straight Outta Compton," Wilson Sandoval, who also identifies himself as "Innocent Mind," claims that he "is one of the most sought after, influential, and conscious/uplifting M.C.'s [Masters of Ceremony] of our time." 

"After performing with a cover rock band," Wilson tells us, he "developed a stronger taste for hip-hop and rap," and "diving into the underground hip-hop scene," he adds, he "began showcasing everywhere," including the Second Street Jazz in Little Tokyo, The Urban Underground... The Airliner, and “Entre Nos" on the Hispanic television station Azteca America.  Wilson also tells us that his "music can be heard via Internet radio [at]:

pigzradio.com,

bsideshow.net, and

xradio.biz.

He claims "roots... in East Los Angeles," and that "he combines his knowledge with life experiences as a platform to build unity and consciousness through music."  We wish him luck in this endeavor!

LA Libertad:  Where were you born?

Wilson:  I was born in East Los Angeles [where I lived] from 1982 [until] 1998 [when] I moved to the City of Compton, California.

LA Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Wilson:  Now I live, currently, in Compton, California.

LA Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Wilson:  What I love most [about] my work is the freedom to express myself, the way I feel, through the music I make and create.

LA Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

Wilson:  The talents and hobbies I have are reading, writing lirics, visiting museums, traveling, watching biographies, working on community events, socializing...  [I am] open and willing to learn from others.

LA Libertad:  What inspires you?

Wilson:  The things that inspire me are [pauses] - are the challenges I have to face day to day, making the best out of myself and the people that care for me.

LA Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Wilson:  The hardest part of my job is knowing to always [be] doing the right thing, [and] staying positive, no matter what happens.

LA Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, speak, and understand?

Wilson:  I speak both American and Spanish, and write both.

LA Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Wilson:  I have traveled to New York, Central America, El Salvador; and Michoacan, Mexico.

LA Libertad:  What are your career goals?

Wilson:  My career goals are to make a living through making art, helping others - inspiring others to change and believe in themselves - that anything is possible if [they] would only take time, and realy listen and pay attention to what's around [them] - meditation in self.

LA Libertad:   What projects are you working on?

Wilson:  Currently, writing, performing, and producing [my] first Spanish album...

LA Libertad:   What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?

Wilson:  Tours are also in the works for both the United States and Central America.

LA Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Wilson:

www.facebook.com/#!/innocentmind.original

www.youtube.com/user/innocentemente1

www.myspace.com/impactofnaturalart

soundcloud.com/innocent-mind

LA Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

Wilson:  Hip-hop is a state of mind that a lot of people are losing, and artists [such as me] are easily keeping it alive with powerful lyrics and vibrant grooves.

Let's save the music because slowly it's dying, or already dead, now, if I ask you what is Hip Hop, Hip Hop is a state of MIND; now, what is Hip Hop?  Hip Hop is to FREE your MIND!

Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment