Friday, March 7

Interview with Jesus F. Matias

Jesús F. Matías is the founder and owner of a fashion company called Verum es Corrupta; he is also a model. 

WMV:  Shouldn't your name have written accents, like so?

Jesús F. Matías

Jesús:  Yes, you're right; it does have accent marks.

WMV:  What does the F. stand for?

Jesús:  The F. stands for Francisco!

Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Jesús:  I own a new, high end fashion company called "Verum es Corrupta," which, in Latin, means "Truth is Corrupt."  I also professionally model and direct films.

Libertad:  In which city and State do you live?

Jesús:  I live in Queens, New York.

Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Jesús:  I love to creating my visions, creating an image that I truly see in my mind whether its film or fashion and enjoy working with a team.

Libertad:  Do you have any other talents or hobbies?
Jesús F. Matías' company motto "Verum es Corrupta" which, in Latin, means "Truth is Corrupt."

Jesús:  I was a U.S. kickboxing champion; I rap and write poetry.

Libertad:  What inspires you?

Jesús:  What inspires me, is the dreams and visions I get whether it's night or day, I spend lots of time alone, living in society deep into the concrete jungle NYC is. Out the norm; late night or early rise, I flow with it all when is comes to my inspirations, it always arrives at random times and that is what inspires, I inspire myself, I am inspiration.

Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Jesús:  The hardest part is myself, as an aspiring entrepreneur one asks how do I create a company, do i go to college? You see people are the easy ones to deal with, easily analyzed to a point where I am brutally direct or simply quiet. As my great Spaniard grand mother says "the most quiet person in the room is usually the most educated" The hardest part is nothing much more then myself; oneself. because it all starts from your mind. It's up to you whether you will let anything get in the way. I don't really have a hard part of my job, I love it all.

Libertad:  The hardest part when it comes to modeling

photo by Seth London

Jesús:  With modeling, I believe the posing and sense of feel is the hardest, because its not just about beauty, its breaking out of ones form to become something they are not or even to be comfortable with another model, then you have a crazy European photographer hasting one, so getting the image that the client wants can be hard, its great pressure.

Libertad:  Do you speak any other languages?

Yes, I speak spanish.

Jesús:  Where have you traveled?

Libertad:  I have traveled to many states in the U.S. and Dominican Republic.

Libertad:  What are your goals for your career?

Jesús:  My goal is to become a massive entrepreneur in the film/fashion industry and a respectable artist.

Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?

Jesús:  I have a few, of course with my business partners for our fashion brand. I might release a music video this summer, plus I'm going to be photographed by my close friend from the beauty/fashion industry Nick Isamu Barose and I have a surprise in mind that I want to work on with Anime artist Shuji Yamamotto from Japan (another close friend).

Libertad:  Do you have any links you would like to share?

Jesús:  You can view my fashion brand's Instagram. (Our collection isn't released yet and site is in development.  Logo is below, attached are some photos.)

Instagram:  @vec_ny

www.facebook.com/VerumesCorrupta


photo by Jonathan Spriner

photo by Nick Isamu Barose




photo by Nick Isamu Barose





All black and white photos:  Photographer:  Sabrina Dani
Location:  Gowanus, Brooklyn, New York
Stylist:  Jesús F. Matías
Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment