Friday, August 3

Interview with Nancy V Brown

Nancy V. Brown, founder of NV My Hair, Inc. owns a Newbury Street hair salon that provides hair extension, hair weaves, hair replacement and hair restoration services. 
Nancy is based in Boston,  Massachusetts.

La Libertad:  When did you first have an interest in hair styling?

Nancy V. Brown:  My interest in hairstyling began at the age of 14 after having an awful experience with an awful stylist who damaged my hair.

La Libertad:  What made you decide to go with styling?

Nancy V. Brown:  My hair started to fall out and I had to figure out a technique that would camouflage my hair loss. I have always been very artistic, as a young girl and the fact that as a child I had a deep interest for the arts including talents such as writing poetry and drawing made my creative juices flow easier. I have been in the industry for 16 years.

La Libertad:  What projects have you worked on?

Nancy V. Brown:  I was picked to cast for Hair Battle on OXIGEN Network. I am currently working on a project with TLC through my bridal work.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?

Nancy V. Brown:  My kids, husband and my love for hair combined with my natural instinct to help people.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Nancy V. Brown:  I love when people look in the mirror and love my creation, their smile, some are so excited that they cry. It shows that they appreciate my work and what I do.
Fashion: I love being in control of my own creations…The ideas in my mind come to life and that is an amazing feeling. I am very respect by other artists.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Nancy V. Brown:  On a medical: Coming across a hair loss issue that I can’t solve but in that case I refer them to their primary physician or dermatologist. Any time I deal with clients who are battling scalp diseases and hormonal issues which result in hair loss I can Identify with them and I try my best to be as understanding as possible.
On a Fashion: Working with people who are not serious or passionate about their work.

La Libertad:  Do you speak any other languages?

Nancy V. Brown:  Yes , I speak Spanish, I am originally from Costa Rica.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Nancy V. Brown:  I have traveled to FL,NY,LA,Costa Rica and Boston.

La Libertad:  Do you have any current projects?

Nancy V. Brown:  Yes we are preparing to do an ad campaign for Cover Girl

La Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?

Nancy V. Brown:  Yes I will begin teaching classes soon.

La Libertad:  What are your goals for your career?

Nancy V. Brown:To continue to grow, to leave a mark in the hair industry and help as many people as I can.

http://www.nvmyhair.net/
http://www.modelmayhem.com/821156

Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment