Friday, August 3

Our Cover Model


Photographer Christos Sewell
MUA: Jessica Fierro
Hair: Saskia Moot-Almasan

Luccia Cafiero is a Denver, Colorado based model.

La Libertad:  When did you start modeling?

Luccia Cafiero:  I started modeling when I was 16 years old.

La Libertad:  What got you started as a model?

Luccia Cafiero:  I started modeling in spite of being told I would never make it.  After a year of modeling, I decided that I actually really enjoyed being in front of the camera so I continued modeling for myself rather than doing it because someone said I didn't have the "look" or "height" for it. 

La Libertad:  You are represented by Wilhelmina Denver, how did you get signed at 5'2"?

Luccia Cafiero:  I was actually signed with an agency before Wilhelmina opened up a branch in Denver.  I had to convince the agency to take a look at my pictures before saying no.  Once I sent in my photos I immediately got an email back saying they'd like to "test the waters" with me.  Once Wilhelmina opened up, a fellow model friend told me they had a petite division and I should go in and check it out.  I brought in a printed portfolio to their open casting call.  I was literally in the office for 5 minutes for measurements and polaroids.  A week later I had given up thinking that they did not find me suitable for their company.  After I had given up hope I received a phone call the next day saying they wanted to sign me.  I felt very accomplished that at my height I could get signed with a major agency in the US.  I am also signed in Quebec to Vizage Model Management.  (http://vizagemodels.com/).


Photographer Christos Sewell
MUA: Jessica Fierro
Hair: Saskia Moot-Almasan

La Libertad:  Who have you really enjoyed working with?

Luccia Cafiero:  There are so many out there that I have really enjoyed working with.  Too many to name.

La Libertad:  What other languages do you speak?

Luccia Cafiero:  I know a little Spanish and Italian.  Not fluent in anything other than English.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled to?

Luccia Cafiero:  I have been all around the United States, but have only traveled to Costa Rica, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands.

La Libertad:  What other talents do you have?

Luccia Cafiero:  I am a big car enthusiast and love working on my car.  I also play competitive tennis.  I love wake boarding, wake surfing, go kart racing, and many other activities.


Photographer Christos Sewell
MUA: Jessica Fierro
Hair: Saskia Moot-Almasan

La Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?

Luccia Cafiero:  I always seem to have projects pending, which is good for my creative outlet.  I am planning a shoot for a magazine submission in the next week.  I am also pending projects in August when I am in Florida. 

La Libertad:  What are your goals for your career?

Luccia Cafiero:  I pretty much reached my goal once I signed with a mainstream agency.  I never thought I would make it as far as I have today.  I have decided not to set anymore goals and to let things come to me if they do.  I'm just going to keep up the hard work and see where it takes me.  Eventually, when I am too old for the modeling world, I would love to open up my own agency that would have a big bases for shorter models, like myself.  

La Libertad:  Any advice for other petite models out there?

Luccia Cafiero:  Don't let anyone tell you you cannot do anything.  Work hard and don't take no for an answer.  Always give it your all because hard work is recognized.  If you make a name for yourself people will notice and want to include you on their projects, despite your height. 


Instagram: @Lucciamodel
Tumblr: http://lucciamodel.tumblr.com/

Cover photo by Brett Seeley
Make up by Natosha Cooke 

Interview by Libertad Green

Brett Seeley.
Make up by Natosha Cooke

Brett Seeley.
Make up by Natosha Cooke
Brett Seeley.
Make up by Natosha Cooke

Lanly Le


No comments:

Post a Comment