Monday, September 14

Nine Ways to Hell Interview Eight: Dillon Wilson, Writer/Director of "Wrath"

Dillon Wilson was a writer/director and actor in "​Wrath​."

Wrath ​was inspired by the Philando Castile shooting done by Police Officers. It takes the audience on a "socio-spiritual" journey as we follow the events that unfold after Mark, the police officer, shoots Martin.

My approach to horror is one that is reality-based and inspired by human intuitions and spiritual beliefs, so that the audience already somewhat believes what they see happening on the screen. This way, they ​feel ​the horror and ideally never forget it.

I cast an actual police officer to play the lead role of Mark because I knew he could relate to the Police Officers in the Philando Castille shooting and do them justice.

At right:  Dillon Wilson in "Wrath"

The part of "Dark Man," I played myself, because I knew I could feel what "Officer Johnson" would feel, going through this whole ordeal, up to and including exacting "universal justice."

The shoot was very emotional for many of the people involved, as we were confronting an old battle of bigotry and racism that has long been anchored in history, here in the United States.

Interview by Dillon Wilson

Edited by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment