Saturday, September 12

Nine Ways to Hell Interview Seven: Deven Spencer, Writer/Director of "Violence"

Deven Spencer is the ​writer/director of "Violence​."

This was actually my first attempt at horror. I’m more of an action/sci-fi kind of guy. To be honest, I was really nervous. Initially, "Violence" wasn’t going to have any dialogue at all. I wanted to bring the scary with just sound and visuals. However, after a couple of rewrites, I decided some dialogue was needed to move the story.

I was really fortunate to find Ria Gill. Working with her was a lot of fun - a total professional who brought a lot to the table!

At right:  Ade Dosunmu & Ria Gill in "Violence"

I’ve also been lucky enough to work with Ken May on a few different projects - always a blast to work with!

The coolest thing about shooting "Violence" was shooting at night. I’ve become a huge fan of night shoots because of it. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's staying up late,“working.”

Interview by Deven Spencer

Edited by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment