Friday, September 18

Nine Ways to Hell Interview Nine: Scott Richards, Writer/Director/Actor in "​Lust​"

Scott Richards is the Writer and Director of (and an actor in) "​Lust​."

Lust ​is a romantic comedy about a dimwit who gets his heart broken by an adorable drug-dealer/hooker. Our hero sells his soul for true love, but gets paired with a vengeful dark angel.

I wanted ​"Lust" ​to be disturbing and hilarious, with lovable, damaged characters. There's horror and bloodshed, but first, there's raunchiness and heart.

Casting was a blast. All cast members are sharp, comic actors and actresses I've known or previously worked with - kind people who are beyond brilliant.

The crew was equally fantastic - very talented, very kind.

At right:  Liesl Jackson & Scott Richards in "Lust"

I love horror comedies. If a movie is too dark, I feel guilty for watching. But with horror comedy, I get the best of both worlds! My horror movies are more ​Gremlins​ than ​Texas Chainsaw.

Interview by Scott Richards

Edited by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment