Saturday, March 12

Interview With Patricia Reid

Patricia Reid
Patricia Reid
Patricia Reid introduced herself to us as someone who spent twenty-five years flying with celebrities.

La Libertad:  Where were you born?

Patricia:  Montebello, California.

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Patricia:  Huntington Beach, California.

La Libertad:   What is your occupation?
Patricia:  I flew on private jets for twenty-five years with celebrities, sports teams, and famous persons of interest.  I wrote a memoir of sorts about everyone [with whom] I flew, and how they behaved when no one [was] watching but the flight attendant.

Most famous people were awesome, but some were not.  I wrote the truth.  A great majority of the stories are hilarious.  Plus, all the weird stuff that happened to me along the way, as well as all the amazing benefits I received...

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Flying With the Rich and Famous

Patricia:  I love non-fiction, especially autobiographies or something I can learn from, like history.  I like spiritual, inspiring books as well.  I think the soul gets ignored too much in the world, and your soul needs to be kept fed and happy.

La Libertad:   What are your talents and hobbies?

Patricia:  I can snow ski really well.  I can water ski pretty wellI love to paddle boardAnd I love my music, so I can dance really wellPlus, I'm a great motherMy son is my Number One priority, and it showsHe has an excellent future ahead of him.  And he's very well-mannered. (A pet peeve of mine is ill-mannered children or ill-mannered people in general.)  And of course, I'm exceptionally good with people.  I can read them immediately!  For instance, on the jet, how much do I serve them without bugging the crap out of them - yet don't ignore them either.  You have to "read" your passengers.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?

Patricia:  Happy people inspire me.  Nice people, kind people...  People that smile...  People that are nice and support one another...  People that help others inspire me.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Patricia:  Making sure you have everything you need when you take off.  It would be problematic to stop at Seven-Eleven!  You need to estimate what you need without overspending and making sure your catering is enough choices of each item without overestimating that, or running out of something.  You just cannot run out!  That and a short flight when you have to do a meal service in x amount of time, and clean it all up before you land.  Meaning you might have to make the plates up before you take off or something like that - you always have to think ahead.  Then you have to clean everything up while re-filling drinks.  You have to do everything at once because you can't land with glass or dishes not secured!

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?  

Patricia:  Perth, Australia... Singapore... Cairo, Egypt.  

I adore Singapore!  The food and people are extremely nice.  It's a very welcoming place.  ...[T]o have the opportunity to see Perth was awesome because I'm not sure I would go there on my own - just too many other places I'd rather go.  And it's a really LONG flight!  It reminded me of my neighboring town of Newport Beach, California!

...Cairo was interesting as heck.  The camel rides to the pyramids, the bazaar and all the shopping, the Nile, and all the history was very cool.  I loved every trip there because I learned so much.

La Libertad:  What upcoming projects are you working on?

Patricia:   ...[M]y goal is to get my story or this book made into a television series or movie.  It is a genre that has never been touched in any dimension, until now!

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Patricia:

www.facebook.com/FlyingwiththeRichandFamous

www.amazon.com/Flying-Rich-Famous-Stories-Attendant-ebook/dp/B0141SIS8W/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

www.twitter.com/privatejettales

www.pinterest.com/privatejettales

www.instagram.com/FlyingwiththeRichandFamous

La Libertad:  What else would you like to tell our readers?


Patricia: This genre has NEVER been written about before. This is the only one of its kind.  If you have any interest about flying on private jets, this book is for you.

Or if you want to know about your favorite celebrity, this book is for you.  Plus, I would like to apologize in advance for some of the editing.  I am a flight attendant, not a writer!  I just wanted to get my story out there because everyone asks me, "What's it like to fly on a private jet"!  So I told them!  Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed living it. 


Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment