Saturday, February 27

Interview With Mandy Nembs

Mandy Nembs
Mandy Nembs
Josh Mitchell of Wicked Pissa Publicity referred Mandy Nembs to us.

La Libertad:  Where were you born?

Mandy:  I was born in England and grew up in Zimbabwe.

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Mandy:  I live in New York City.

La Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Mandy:  I'd like to think of myself as an artist.  I offer specialized hair extension services comprising... fusion and tape extensions.  I also dabble  in
beauty consulting.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Mandy:  I work on women who struggle with short, damaged, fine, or thinning hair.
The looks  on their  faces when they see the end result is what I love most about
my job.  I've had a few women cry in my chair because my work exceeded their
expectations.  I love that my exceptional skill boosts my clients' self esteem.

La Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

Mandy:  I'm good at creating things.  For instance:

- You could give a word and I'd write an interesting short story from it.
- I could have random ingredients in my kitchen and easily make a delicious meal.
- A client could walk in with hair that's a lost cause, and I'd strategically place hair extensions and make the client look like... a movie star.

My hobbies include vacationing, reading, writing, cooking, tennis, hiking, cycling, and watching international movies.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?

Mandy:  Knowing that my skills positively  impacts the lives of women with hair
issues.  I've recently started consulting with other beauty professionals and what drives me in that area is being able to empower others with tools for succeeding in the beauty industry.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?

Mandy:  When a potential client walks in for a consultation with severely damaged
hair and I tell them, "Unfortunately, I cannot offer my services to you."

La Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?

Mandy:  I speak, read and write Shona, Ndebele, and beginner French.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Mandy:  Traveling feeds my soul.  I've been to England, Zimbabwe, Canada, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique, Panama, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and fifteen cities in the United States.

La Libertad:  What are your career goals?

Mandy:  My short term goal is franchising Great Fusion Hair.

La Libertad:  What projects are you working on?

Mandy:  I'm finishing a book on marketing on a budget for beauty professionals.
I also have a shampoo and conditioner line in the pipeline.

La Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?

Mandy:  I am looking into participating in various hair shows in 2016.

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Mandy: 
 

www.greatfusionhair.com
 

www.instagram.com/greatfusionhair
 

www.twitter.com/greatfusionhair
 

www.twitter.com/MandyNembs
 

www.instagram.com/MandyNembs

www.facebook.com/mandy.nembs

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

Mandy:  Dealing with lots of clients with different personalities can be
emotionally cumbersome.  So I meditate everyday, and that keeps me calm, especially when I have the most difficult client in my chair.

 

Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan

Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment