Wednesday, July 1

Interview With Peter Philipp

Peter Philipp
Peter Philipp
We reviewed Peter Philipp's book, titled Juliette and Ryo, Storybook 1, in May, 2015.  This month, he was gracious enough to grant us this interview.

La Libertad:  Where were you born? 

Peter:  I was born in the San Francisco Bay area, which is also my current home.

La Libertad:  What is your occupation?


Peter:  I work in the finance industry, but I have a passion for books, so I am also an author and editor for The Essential Library, an independent publisher in San Francisco.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Peter:  I love getting caught up in a good story.  Reading a book is my favorite way to pass the time.

La Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?  What inspires you?
 

Peter:  I just published my first children's book, which was inspired by my godchildren, Juliette and Ryo.  Becoming a godfather is one of the proudest moments in my life!  I see this book as a way to commemorate this occasion, and provide a lasting gift to them.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?

Peter:  Working with authors and illustrators is both extremely satisfying and, at times, challenging.  These people are enormously talented and creative, but meeting deadlines can be tough.  I try to be encouraging and supportive while also managing these projects to be on time.

La Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?

Peter:  None.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Peter:  I have traveled widely in the U.S. and in Europe.  I enjoy meeting new people and exploring new places.  I hope to visit Asia for the first time, next year.

La Libertad:  What are your career goals?

Peter:  My goal is to continue developing as a writer, and improving my ability to tell a compelling story.

La Libertad:  What projects are you working on?

Peter:  I am working on a new series of children's books in conjunction with the author Amy Best.  Amy has a great imagination and has many stories in the works.  I am so excited about this book series, and hope to have it ready for launch later this year.

La Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?

Peter:  None.

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Peter:  More information about current and upcoming titles can be found at:


www.EssentialLibrary.com

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

Peter:  I believe that we have the opportunity to learn from everyone we meet in life.  We just need to take the time to listen.


Interview by Libertad Green

Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment