Sunday, March 1

Interview With Melissa Cantatore


Melissa Cantatore by Jordan Engle
Melissa Cantatore introduced us to herself as an actress, dancer, and writer from Milan, Italy.  We're surprised she didn't introduce herself to us as a singer, since cantatore means "singer" in Italian. Ms. Cantatore apparently goes by "Mel."

La Libertad:  Where were you born?

Mel:  I was born in Milan, Italy. I love [that] city; every time I go back, I feel refreshed; the energy there is amazing!

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Mel:  I live in West Hollywood, California - one of the liveliest neighborhoods in L.A.!

La Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Mel:  I am an actress, dancer, and writer.  I appeared in several T.V. shows, [including] "Cold Case," "Glee," "Rizzoli and Isles," and "Grey’s Anatomy," and [I was] recently [August, 2014] featured in the independent movie Mantervention by Stuart Acher.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Mel:  I love expressing myself through art, and I’m blessed enough to have this opportunity.

La Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

Mel:  I've been studying ballet since I was little, and it’s one of my passions. I also love traveling and discovering new cultures and ways of living.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?

Mel:  I get inspired by the world around me.

I find beauty everywhere I look, and sometimes it’s overwhelming!  It’s very important to me to be surrounded by nature; as a matter of fact, my balcony looks like a little jungle!

La Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?

Mel:  I speak fluently Italian and French (both mother tongues), [and] conversational German and Spanish.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?


Melissa Cantatore by Joshua Monesson
Mel:  In Europe, I’ve been to Italy, France, U.K., Ireland, Germany, Belgium, [and] Austria.  I’ve also traveled to Tunisia, Seychelles Islands (one of my favorite places on earth), Hawaii (Maui and Oahu), Canada, [and] Cuba.

La Libertad:  What are your career goals?

Mel:  I want to keep working as an actress, being able to help others through my work and raise awareness where it’s needed.

La Libertad:  What projects are you working on? 

Mel:  I'm going to be featured in a movie called 4GOT10, starring Danny Trejo.

[NOTE:  Although 4GOT10 (Forgotten?) is not listed on IMDb as of 8:45 a.m., Pacific Standard Time, a press release about this movie is available from Status Media and Entertainment, which indicates that it will be an action thriller, starring Dolph Lundgren, Michael ParĂ©, and Johnny Messner, as well as Danny Trejo.]

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell us about your Danny Trejo gig?

Mel:  Danny Trejo is one of the nicest and funniest people I've ever worked with!  The director, Timothy Woodward Junior, was also great to work with; he has a lot of respect for the actors, which makes everything a lot easier.  [Smiles.]

I’m completing a web series I wrote.  It’s going to be filmed at the end of March.

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Mel:  My personal website and link to IMDB:

www.melissecantatore.com

www.imdb.com/name/nm3578444

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

Mel:  Don’t ever give up on your dreams!



Mel on red carpet for a Stan Lee Comikaze after party

No comments:

Post a Comment