Sunday, March 1

Interview with Jodi LaBossiere



Josh Mitchell of Wicked Pissa Publicity introduced us to Doctor Jodi LaBossiere as a "beauty expert."  He tells us that, "at the age of fourteen, she became the youngest Avon lady on [her] block, knocking on the doors of her mother’s friends and showing them how to look and feel beautiful."  Since holding that part-time job, she has apparently forged a career in the health and beauty industry that spans three decades.  Furthermore, Josh tells us, Doctor LaBossiere has "worked with some of the world’s top cosmetic chemists, makeup artists, doctors, and entrepreneurs."  

A licensed esthetician, Doctor LoBossiere has apparently earned a Degree in Business Administration and Marketing, and a Doctorate in Asian Metaphysics.
 

Her book, In Your Face: The BADASS Lifestyle Guide for the Empowered Woman, is available at Amazon.com

Doctor LaBossiere has been featured numerous T.V. shows, on Fox News in the U.S.A., and C.K.Y. (Camp Kill Yourself) and CKND T.V. in Canada.  "As a regular guest host on Shop NBC," Josh tells us, "she has been seen in more than seventy-five million homes across America, and many more millions worldwide."  As a model, Josh tells us, Jodi has appeared "on countless magazine covers."  As a beauty queen, she has won pageants at all levels, from local to international.  She is Mrs. United Nation International 1999.  We told Josh we wanted an interview with her, and she quickly and graciously granted it.

Jodi LaBossiere, Shop NBC promotional head shot
La Libertad:  Where were you born?

Jodi:  Winnipeg (Winterpeg), Manitoba, Canada.

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Jodi:  Newport Beach, California.

La Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Jodi:  Beauty Expert/best selling author/speaker.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work? 

Jodi:  I help change lives everyday (for the better).

La Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

Jodi:  I have been known to play the alto sax, and esthetics is not a hobby, but more of a passion.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?


book cover by Bobbi Bennett

Jodi:  Being told it can't be done always gets me going!  (It can be done!)

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?

Jodi:  I wear so many different hats, sometimes it is hard to remember which one I am wearing.  (I think I need to get just one fabulous black one that goes with everything!)

La Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?

Jodi:  I grew up having to take French in school, but I haven't used it in years.  When I moved to L.A., I was really bad at Spanish and wondered why so many people from Mexico were named Jesus (Son of God - I was raised Catholic).  I have learned a few key words.  [Winks.]

[NOTE:  Jesús is Spanish for "Jesus,"and is often used to name Hispanic children.]

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?  Pretty much anywhere you can shoot a swimsuit.  (I was on the cover of Swimwear Illustrated back in the day.)

[NOTES:  Swimwear Illustrated, like Swimsuit Illustrated, is not to be confused with the swimsuit issues of Sports Illustrated.

Apparently, Jodi was on a Swimwear Illustrated cover model in 2007 or prior.]

La Libertad:  What are your career goals? 

Jodi:  I am thrilled that my skin care line and perfume have launched, and I can't wait to really make it big!  Right now you can find it on my website www.beautybylabossiere.com, and in my salon/spa.




Adisson for Ujena Fit Club
 
La Libertad:  What projects are you working on?

Jodi:  Skin care line, next book (follow up to In Your Face - best seller), and potty training my Pomeranians Ollie and Penny (they are making me earn it)!

La Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?

Jodi:  I am looking forward to my annual trip to Cabo [San Lucas, Mexico] to shoot the Ujena Swimwear collection.  I will also be traveling to South Africa for the Mrs. United Nation National Final (I was Mrs. United Nation International in 1999).

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

Jodi:

www.jodilabossiere.com

www.beautybylabossiere.com

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

Jodi:  I have an addiction to kosher pickles and root beer.  Clearly not going to make you more beautiful, but they sure taste good, so enjoy your "Good Stuff" in moderation!




Cover photo by Stephen Manente
Ujena Swimwear 2015 shoot Cabo, Mexico, 


Introduction by Josh Mitchell and William Mortensen Vaughan

Interview by Libertad Green













No comments:

Post a Comment