Friday, February 7

Interview with Tetra

Photo by Dana
Tetra is an "electronic-pop singer/songwriter" and composer from Boston, Massachusetts, who moved to Los Angeles, California.  Tetra's debut album is due to be released this year.

Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Tetra:  I am a singer/songwriter.

Libertad:  In which city and State do you live?

Tetra:  Los Angeles, California...

Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Tetra:  I enjoy creating something that's different, a sound that hasn't been heard before.  I love so many types of music, but have always gravitated towards Rock and Pop, and my sound definitely has elements of both.  I like to describe my sound as if Lady Gaga and Nine Inch Nails had a baby, it would be me - an interesting but accessible combination of Pop and Industrial.

Libertad:  What inspires you?

Tetra:  Inspiration hits me at the most random times - and it usually has a dark twist to it.  For example, my friend's boyfriend called her crazy in order to manipulate her into shutting up (when she was clearly in the right) and I hate when men think it's okay to do that.  So I wrote a song called "Got You Alone" about a boyfriend who calls his girlfriend crazy, so she plots to burn him alive.  Another example is one of my roommates in college was a sociopath who loved making men fall in love with her just so she can break their hearts; she would brag about her breakups for days while making fun of the man she just hurt.  I thought this was absolutely horrible of her, but it inspired me to write the song called "Magic Eyes."

Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?
Still from music video Magic Eyes - shot by Kevin Hooper and Rebecca Muh

Tetra:  Getting things done fast enough!  I really wish there was two or three other Tetra's out there to help me get songs written, songs recorded, music videos produced, music industry events to attend, etcetera.

Libertad:  What are your goals for your career?

Tetra:  I'd love to continue making music, and I want to continue reaching out to fans through my music!

Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?

Tetra:  Yes!  Just filmed a music video for my unreleased single, "All Your Girls"!  It's going to be amazing.  I have four talented dancers on stage with me, an incredible director and videographer, and I think it's my best song yet.

Photo by Rebecca Crabb
Libertad:  Do you have any links you would like to share?

Tetra: 

www.OfficialTetra.com

www.youtube.com/officialtetra

www.facebook.com/officialtetra

www.twitter.com/officialtetra



Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment