Friday, January 3

Interview with Gilbert Davis

Gilbert Davis is a freelance, lifestyle photographer from Youngstown, Florida, serving Panama City, Panama City Beach, Callaway, Destin, Mexico Beach and the surrounding areas.

WMV:  What is your contribution to the entertainment industry?

Gilbert:  I love to show people "them selves" through my photography. Anyone can snap a shot of a pose.  However, it takes an eye and an artist to capture the raw emotion, personality, and reality of the shot.  I create the photos that pull at your heartstrings and give you all of those warm, fuzzy feelings inside...
WMV:  How long have you been doing this?

Gilbert:  I have had a love for photography since I was very young, and it has remained one of my greatest passions.  I recently decided to take this up as a profession when I was able to upgrade to digital and people kept asking me to take pictures for them.

WMV:  What inspires you?

Gilbert:   My inspiration comes from my surroundings, my family, friends, and nature. I am inspired by color, angles, and perspective. Love and creativity surround me, nurturing a love for everything around me.
WMV:  What do you like most about your job?

Gilbert:  I enjoy shooting both outdoor, indoor, and "on location" photography.  We have been blessed with such a beautiful background to share our most precious memories.  I feel honored to have been given the talent to capture memories that they, too, will have generations to come.

WMV:  What is your philosophy of life? 

Gilbert:  I try to see beauty in every little thing and am a constant optimist and dreamer.  I believe that every stage of life should be celebrated.  Every memory, good or bad, since it makes us who we are today...  I believe in peace.  I believe in laughter and lots of it!
My passion is photography.  It’s my art.  It is my escape and safe haven.  I strive to create the perfect photograph, from start to finish, from the initial shoot to the long hours editing.  My goal is to create a brand of photography that pulls at your heartstrings and creates all those warm, fuzzy, good feelings that come with special memories.  I like to keep things simple, easy and within everyone’s reach.


WMV:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Gilbert:  I understand that life is a struggle, and not everyone can afford these sorts of extras, so I promise I will do whatever I can to make sure you get to keep you memories for a lifetime.  I will shoot you, your family, your kids, your pets, just about anything you ask...

WMV:  Are you a "people person"?

Gilbert:  I am a huge "people person" and love to meet new people.  My goal is to make you as comfortable as I can, so we get the most amazing priceless shots!  Don’t wait any longer; stop worrying about [dollar signs] and schedule your shoot today!

WMV:  What is one of your favorite scriptures?

Gilbert:  "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:  for the Father seeketh such to worship him.  God is a Spirit:  and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." --John 4:23-24

WMV:
  Where are you located?

Gilbert:  Youngstown, Florida, [approximately sixty mile west of Tallahassee and one hundred miles east of Pensacola]...

WMV:  What are your business hours?

Gilbert:  Nine a.m. to Five p.m., Monday through Friday; ten a.m. to five p.m., Saturday; closed on Sunday...WMV:  How should potential customers or clients contact you?

Gilbert:  If you have any questions about any of my services including sitting fees, enlargements, etc, feel free to contact me at (850)532-7356 or GDAVIS262@ATT.NET.

No comments:

Post a Comment