Friday, December 6

Our Cover Model: Zahra Patel

My mother-in-law introduced me to Zahra on the set of director Ravi Kapoor's Miss India America.
A brunette with a quick smile and wit, who stood approximately five feet nine inches. Zahra was charming and open to be interviewed for La Libertad.

Vaughanster: What is your occupation?

Zahra: I'm the current Ms. India America just crowned this past August. I also do print and runway modeling. I studied gerontology at the University of Southern California and graduated with a masters degree in the field.

Vaughanster: Where are you from?


Zahra: I was born in Toronto, Canada and moved to the United States when I was ten years old. I lived in a small town called Porterville and shortly after moved to another small town close by called Visalia in California. I lived in Los Angeles for many years and consider it my home city. I have also lived in Austin and Houston Texas. My ethnicity is 100% East Indian.

Vaughanster: What do you love most about your work?

Zahra: I love the arts and entertainment industry. I love to be part of new trends as well. Modeling to create beautiful photos and images gets me excited. I also love to promote my South Asian culture.

Vaughanster: What inspires you?

Zahra: People and the arts inspire me. I love to see a smile. I appreciate beauty and love creativity that has a purpose especially to do good in the world or help people. I hope I can contribute to a better world through some of my projects.

Vaughanster: What is the hardest part of your job?

Zahra: I love my work even when there is wait time because I meet great people and continue to learn from my environment.

Vaughanster: Do you speak any other languages?

Zahra: Yes. I speak Gujarati, Hindu, and Urdu. I took French for many years in school as well.

Vaughanster: Where have you traveled?

Zahra: I've been all over North America and parts of Asia.

Vaughanster: What are your goals for your career?

Zahra: I am looking forward to compete in Ms. South Asia 2014.

Vaughanster: Any upcoming projects?

Zahra: I have fashion shows and pageants I'm looking forward to.

Vaughanster: How did you celebrate Halloween this year?

Zahra: I was at dressed as Ms. India America and was in a nursing home parade party. We walked all around the nursing home cheering up the elderly.

Vaughanster: How will you celebrte the Holidays this year?

Zahra: I'll celebrate with friends this year and go to parties. I plan to do more fashion shows in town.

Interview by William Mortensen Vaughan
Cover photo by Libertad Green 

No comments:

Post a Comment