Friday, November 1

Our Cover Model: Karmilia Cruz



WMV:  What is your occupation?

Karmilia:  Singer, actress, amusement park performer...

WMV:  In which city and state do you live?

Karmilia:  Santa Clarita, California.

WMV:  Are you East Indian?

Karmilia:  Puerto Rican, Mexican, Japanese...  There's more, but one too many to say.

WMV:  What do you love most about your work?

Karmilia:  Guerrilla shoots...  I don't take it to the level of breaking and entering or destroying property, but I like taking pictures where other people say you "can't" go.  I have one request by the way:  I'd like to be photographed on the luggage cart at the Sheraton Hotel!  I also love performing because it gives me freedom to express what I feel inside.  It allows me to show the real me, which is being playful and energetic.

WMV:  Do you have any other talents or hobbies?

Karmilia:  Amateur art, poetry, and a little bit of dancing...

WMV:  What inspires you?

Karmilia:  Leaders like Jesus Christ who accept people regardless of their background, nationality, religion, and rank.  Then come people like my father and Joyce Meyer, who have, by example, taught me much about developing a good character, and to always be loving and giving.  And then, of course, music...  Music speaks to me when I don't have the words for anything.

WMV:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Karmilia:  Low pay, haha!  I guess the hardest part is realizing that you will mess up no matter how professional you may be at something.  The goal is to just always get back up and keep trying.

WMV:  Do you speak any other languages?

Karmilia:  Yes, Spanish...

WMV:  Where have you traveled?

Karmilia:  Tijuana, Mexico, and probably Mexico City, but I was too young to remember.  I have also traveled to Puerto Rico and from one end if the U.S. to the other.  Good times!

WMV:  What are your goals for your career?

Karmilia:  To be able to inspire and give hope to those [who] have had it rough in life, being an example that regardless of where you come from - whether a poor, low class family, or a family of abusers, or maybe being abandoned - you still have a bright future.  You just have to get up, trust God, and fight for it.

WMV:  Any upcoming projects?

Karmilia:  I'm going to be in Miss India America, and I also hope to work in Universal Studios very soon.

WMV:  Do you have an IMDb page?

Karmilia:  Yes, I just got one about a week ago.  I've been in Savages and"Rizzoli and Isles," and, most recently, Miss India America...  Also, IMDb has been a puzzle piece to me.  I can't even figure out how to edit credits or show which movies [or] shows I've been in.
WMV:  Do you have any links you would like to share?

Karmilia:  www.facebook.com/karmilia.cruz, www.youtube.com/user/superwomankarmilia, www.imdb.com/user/ur47530726, www.exploretalent.com/karmiliacruz1...


WMV:  Your Facebook page indicates that you attend the University of Awesomeness and Legendaryness.  Are you a fan of the Kung Fu Panda?

Karmilia:  Yes. Yes, I am!


WMV:  Your Facebook page also indicates that you like Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.  Did you read the unabridged version, and what did you like about that book?

Karmilia:  Yes, I read the unabridged version, and what I loved about the diary is that it offers hope, even in the midst of tragedy.  It helps people to see that no matter how different we may seem, we're more alike than we think.
WMV:  How are you celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving this year?

Karmilia:  I don't celebrate Halloween.  As for Thanksgiving, I still have yet to figure that out. Haha!

Interview by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment