Friday, July 27

Interview with Paloma Alcantar

Paloma Alcantar is a Los Angeles based Makeup artist.

La Libertad:  When did you first become interested in makeup?

Paloma Alcantar:  I first became interested in makeup when I was younger, Like most little girls I had a little fake glittery makeup set. What really got me into makeup I would say my mother, she had and still has and collects tons and tons of beauty products. Anytime I would open her closet it was like paradise. It was like Sephora out of my home. 

La Libertad:  How did you decide makeup artistry was what you wanted to do?

Paloma Alcantar:  I had the decision made clear out high school or even when I was younger. I just knew that I wanted to be an artist. I went to a regular University and got my degree, but I knew in my gut that it was not what I really wanted. I had a dream that I knew that I wanted to pursue. As soon as I was done with school, I went straight to makeup school!!

La Libertad:  What are some projects you have worked on?

Paloma Alcantar:  I have worked on some amazing projects, I have worked with Benefit Cosmetics, Coca-Cola, National Geographic, Styles for less, Runway Magazine, Fantastics Mag, etc.

La Libertad:  What inspires you?

Paloma Alcantar:  What inspires me as an artist is color, lighting, structure, shapes, forms, CULTURE, fellow makeup artists in the industry, photographers , all the people that I have ever worked with!!! We all bring something to the table which inspires me the most.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Paloma Alcantar: The thing that I love most love about my work is my office consists of many beautiful sceneries, whether its the beach, desert or the studio it always changes. I also love the fact that I get to make my clients feel amazing and glamorous! The smiles or hugs that I get after an application at times is priceless! I also get to meet millions of people/artists from all over the world ! :)

La Libertad:What is the hardest part of your job?

Paloma Alcantar:  Nothing, I love my job!!!!


La Libertad:Do you speak any other languages?

Paloma Alcantar:  I do I am fluent in both English and Spanish

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Paloma Alcantar:  I have traveled to everywhere in Mexico, Colombia, and many more places to come

La Libertad:  Do you have any current projects?

Paloma Alcantar:  I have many current projects going on at the moment, I and an amazing up and coming aspiring Photographer Alexandria Bailey have mapped out several trips and projects that are in the works. Stay tunned...

La Libertad:   What are your goals for your career?

Paloma Alcantar:  My goal in my career is to land in Milan, New York or to just travel doing what I love to do. To be able to work with amazing High Fashion designers, models, Broadway or Cirque De Sole! To see my photo on the cover of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, W Magazine, V Magazine, I-d Magazine, Numero, you name it!  


http://palomamua.com
http://www.facebook.com/palcantar

Interview by Libertad Green







No comments:

Post a Comment