Friday, February 22

Interview With LEX

LEX
LEX
Josh Mitchell of Wickid Pissa Publicity introduced us to LEX as a "singer, lyricist, composer, and pianist."

He tells us that her first single, "Again in Love," is now available on all digital platforms including iTunes, Amazon Music, and Spotify.
She is currently in L.A., but she grew up in New York, where she earned her Bachelor Degree in Psychology and Vocal Performance at the New York State University at Buffalo.

"Growing up, LEX was immersed in a musical family; she played piano, and wrote songs with her father and brother. It was this early influence that led her to create her own material, blending the sounds of her youth with her...vocals to create a unique style. As former president of her
a capella troupe, she is also trained in classical, operative, vocal performance."

LEX tells us that "It took a lot of hard work and dedication from within [herself], as well as support from all the people around [her] to fully realize who [she wants] to be, and what [she has] to show the world.  This E.P. [Extended Play record, "Again in Love"] is a reflection of the fire and passion my collaborators and I plan to put forth into our creations."
 

Again in Love
Again in Love by LEX
We lookforward to the release of her future single, "LA Baby."
La Libertad:  Where were you born?

LEX:  I was born in New York, and raised in Westchester County.

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

LEX:  I just moved to Los Angeles about five months ago. I live around Silverlake.

La Libertad: What does "LEX" stand for?

LEX:   My name is "Alexa Feiner."  "Lex" and "Lexi" have always been nicknames since I was little.

La Libertad:  What would you like to tell our readers about your new single?

LEX:  My new single is called "Again in Love," and it features artist/rapper J.G. I chose to release this as my debut single because it really captures my style of R and B [Rhythm and Blues]. The song is an ode to every time you fall in love, or every time you "think" you fall in love, and I'm always falling in love. And every time it's like, "Wow, I fell for this... again, and again." But I secretly love it, so I keep doing it. Kind of like an addiction...

La Libertad:  What does "J.G." stand for?

LEX:  It is his name, "Joshua Geiger."

La Libertad:  What do you love most about music?

LEX:  I'm never not listening to music.  There's always a song in my head. Music is the window to my soul, and it can be so powerful!  It has a way of hitting the heart so deeply!  And it can give me that type of cathartic release if I'm feeling sad, or stressed, or even happy. And I think that that's unique to everyone. And it's important that I, myself, and every artist, thinks about the way their music touches the lives of his [or] her listeners, to make them feel some type of way.

La Libertad:  What inspires you to write songs?

LEX:  Definitely my personal life. I try not to be too sad when it comes to my writing.  Sadness can come quite easily to me, and while there's a time and place for those kinds of songs, I like to take all my feelings and channel them into songs that are relatable to my audience.  I write a lot about love too, because who doesn't love love, "ya know?"  And I'm always looking for love, usually in the wrong places.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part about the industry?

LEX:  I think it's hard to make a real connection with people in the industry. Everything seems kind of face value, and I think that's because there's that underlying feeling of competition, since everyone's trying to do the same thing.  It's also hard to try and stand out from everyone else who wants to do the exact same thing as you. "Ya know?"  It's like, "What makes you different, or what sets you apart from the rest of these artists who are trying to be singers and songwriters?"

La Libertad:  How many tracks will be on your upcoming E.P.?

LEX:  There's going to be around five or six tracks on my upcoming E.P., "Pinky." The E.P. is called "Pinky" because that's what my dad used to call me.  When he passed away three years ago, I knew I would dedicate this E.P. to him.

La Libertad:  Our condolences...

What are your overall career goals?

LEX:  To never stop making music. To always be working harder than I did the day before, and to challenge myself to think outside the box when it comes to my songwriting and my music. Winning a Grammy would be cool, too!

La Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

LEX:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/lexofficialmusic

Spotify

Facebook: www.facebook.com/LEXOFFICIALMUSIC

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

LEX:  I hope that they're ready to be seeing a lot more of me! And to keep an eye out for my next single release in the next few months...!

LEX
LEX
Phtos by Ian Feiner

Introduction by Josh Mitchell and 
William Mortensen Vaughan


No comments:

Post a Comment