Friday, October 3

Interview With John Palacio

John Palacio

Our previous interviewee, Chandra Gerson, introduced us to her cinematographer, John Palacio.  We are glad she did.  John Palacio is also the director of The Angeleno:  A True Story of Tommie Martinez, a documentary about which will be screened at the On Location:  The Los Angeles Video Project Film Festival this month.

LA Libertad:  Where were you born?

John:  Hello...  Thank you very much for allowing me to publish an interview with LA Libertad Magazine!

I was born in Los Angeles, California.

LA Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

John:  Granada Hills, California.

LA Libertad:  What is your occupation?

John:  Cinematographer, Editor, Director.

LA Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

John:  I love that every day is different from the last.

LA Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

John:  I have been told I do good imitations of people, but don't ask me to do one on the spot, I may need a drink first!

LA Libertad:  What inspires you?

John:  Other people's work, no matter their level.  I often go on Vimeo and YouTube, and get lost for hours getting inspiration from other filmmakers.  I also get a lot of inspiration from just being out and seeing the world around me.

LA Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?

John:  Honestly, sometimes the hardest part is finding the next job!

LA Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write, and/or speak?

John:  Spanish

LA Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

John:  New York, Boston, Orlando, New Orleans, Seattle, Maui, Toronto, Mexico, Japan, Philippines...

LA Libertad:  What are your career goals?

John:  My career goal is to work with the best people I can in the industry. To me, that is priceless.

LA Libertad:  What projects are you working on?

John:  I am currently the cinematographer ( http://) for an excellent film call the "Book Of Choices" >  (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3582136/combined) which is produced, written, and directed by the very talented Chandra Gerson >(http://www.chandragerson.com)
I also just finished producing, shooting, and directing my own film, "The Angeleno" > (@TheAngelenoFilm)/ (https://twitter.com/TheAngelenoFilm)
>
LA Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to participate in?
I will be attending the premiere of "The Angeleno" along with other wonderful films for the Newfilmmakers Los Angeles event > (http://www.newfilmmakersla.com): On Location, The Los Angeles Video Project 2014 > (http://www.newfilmmakersla.com/onlocation/) in downtown Los Angeles October 11, 2014 7:00PM AT&T Center
>
John Palacio, photos by Ramon Vincent
LA Libertad:  What links would you like to share?

John:

PalacioProductions.com

John M. Palacio IMDb Page:
www.imdb.com/name/nm5494773/reference

palacioproductions.tumblr.com
 
The Angeleno Twitter Page: twitter.com/TheAngelenoFilm)

John Palacio Twitter Page:

twitter.com/JohnOnTweet

Facebook Page:  www.facebook.com/john.palacio.5

Instagram:
instagram.com/nicemustache

Newfilmmakers Los Angeles: On Location, The Los Angeles Video Project 2014 Event Page:
www.newfilmmakersla.com/onlocation

LA Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers?

John:  This in not the easiest industry to brake into. But all I can say is to follow your dream and truly do what you love and makes you happy.

Interview by Libertad Green

Head Shots by Ramon Vincent (fftv1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment