Friday, September 5

Interview with Rodney "Poppa Codeine" Oliva

Rodney Oliva
LA Libertad:  Where were you born?

Rodney:  I was born in Bronx, N.Y.C. [New York City] where I reside till this day.

LA Libertad:  What is your occupation?
Rodney:  I am a Rapper/Hip-Hop Artist

LA Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?
Rodney:  What I love about rapping and making music is being able to express myself in so many levels by using my words and sense of style.  Also have the power to connect with people through my music because they can relate to it.

LA Libertad:  Other hobbies and talents?
Rodney:  I been acting for three years and done two musicals, "Aida" and "Les Miserables" - is great becoming a character that is not yourself and being able to express it with such grace...
Another hobbie is football, which I enjoy to play on my free time.

LA Libertad:  What inspires you?
Rodney:  Is not much about what inspires me - is mostly about who, but the people that touched my heart is Azealia Banks and Kanye West; both lyrically and fashion wise, they bring fire to the things they do and say.  Also, my best friend's mother, who has her own brand and also is a P.R. [Publice Relations], she showed me how to never give up and go forth your dreams because it's what I love to do.

LA Libertad:  Hardest part about your job?
Rodney:  Staying consistent with music, and people that follow you on the social networks, because without my music and followers, I won't progress as an artist, but I wouldn't call what I love to do a "job"; [it] is my passion!

LA Libertad:  Speak any other languages: 
Rodney:  Yes, I speak, write and read Spanish fluently because I am Hispanic.

LA Libertad:  Where have you traveled?
Rodney:  I traveled to Guatemala because that's where my parents are from, and we always visited my grandmother; I also travelled a lot in the U.S.; I been to Atlanta; Miami, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida; Boston; and Philadelphia; some were school trips, and others were to visit family members.

LA Libertad:  What are your goals for your career:
My goals are to become the voice for the LGBT as the first openly bisexual rapper because it is hard to be open about your sexuality in such a powerful straight dominated genre, I also want to work on my urban clothing line and consider acting again

LA Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?
Rodney:  Yes, I will be releasing my first offical solo mixtape which will be called "Mista Trilla" in September, also my music video will be shoot that month as well, Including shows that are booked for october so am excited

LA Libertad:  Any links?

Rodney:

instagram.com/poppa_codeine

www.prod.facebook.com/people/Poppa-Codeine/100005082169419


Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment