Friday, April 12

Interview With Mechanical Designer Andrew Oien

Josh Mitchell referred Andrew to us. This is his response to our inquiries.

I am Andrew Oien (Andy), and I was born and raised in southern California, where I continue to live with my wife, Julie, and our daughter, Lauren. I work as a Mechanical Designer on commercial, aerospace, and medical products. I met Julie in 1994, who was also born and raised in southern California. Julie works in sales. Our Lauren recently graduated from Laguna Beach Art College. Julie is my sci-fi story co-writer, and Lauren has been our Artist for our Alien Park Dunes sci-fi story book and storyboard.

At a young age, I enjoyed reading the stories of the Hardy Boys and Sherlock Holmes, which drew me into creative writing. I also enjoyed watching and reviewing old time, black and white movies on the weekends. I did not think of these things in the early 1970's for a career path, and it was not until I had a story to tell in 1996 [that] I [started] to write again, when I wrote several theories that were published in the Roswell UFO Museum newsletter. We later published our sci-fi story in 2018. Julie helped me to review my writing, [but] she was not yet a co-writer until her many good suggestions made it so. I had all the facts down, and she was a great help to add in color and character personalities. Turned out we were a great team for this.


I am proud to be a Military Veteran, husband and father. I served in the Navy as a Quartermaster (ship navigation and safety), and was able to travel around the world, and, on time off, I traveled around many States by motorcycle. I have enjoyed my work as a Designer, and I look forward to writing more stories, and [I am] hoping we can make movies of them to share with all others having an interest in sci-fi.

I really had no interest in UFOs or Aliens until my brother Greg handed me a book on the 1947 Roswell Incident, in 1991. I was amazed that there were witnesses and possible evidence of a UFO crash! That is when my research into the subject began. After reviewing another three or four books on the subject of Roswell, I was certain an event had happened, and the U.S. Government had covered it up. I wanted to add my detective work to the effort on finding the truth, and my Navy experience with navigation was the tool to use. Between the locations of the UFO debris site out at a ranch where an explosion had occurred to the noted crash site some thirty miles away to the south, near Boy Scout Mountain, was a flight path. A path flying from north to south, over the states of Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas... A path that was next to a National Park in Colorado, and would have flown over a National Park in Texas. (I used the Jim Ragsdale story that was reviewed by Stanton Friedman for the crash site.) I also learned that aerial photographs taken of the area of the crash site from 1947 on were pulled from viewing and buying from the National Archive, and the area from the crash site to the National Park in Texas were blacked out as a no fly zone for photos.This research resulted in our first published book, Southwest UFO Triangle Theory, in 2013. Our second published book, Alien Park Dunes, in 2018, had a sci-fi story up front, and fifty pages of new UFO research in the back. UFO research books can be a bit dry, and we wanted to try to describe our research in the way of a sci-fi story to make for more interest. Is it real? Are UFOs and aliens visiting earth? Are aliens abducting humans for study? We here have no proof of that, yet, but something strange is sure going on.

We have a website UFOTRIANGLE.COM that reviews all of our research and sci-fi story work.

Our goal for 2024 and beyond is to obtain production funding to go make our movie Alien Park Dunes! We have done all the prep work we can, with a story, screenplay, website, LLC, budget, shooting schedule, storyboard, and pitch deck.We have spent many hours working with a Director and Line Producers on the project to date.

One of my favorite movies was the original 1951, The Day the Earth Stood Still, with Klaatu and Gort. The concept brought forth (that we are not alone in our galaxy) was amazing.

If you have a dream, don't give up. I have been working on this for thirty-three years, and still have hope to make it all happen.

 Edited by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment