Saturday, September 19

Nine Ways to Hell Interview Nine: Tai-Lynia Jones, Writer/Director, "​Limbo"


Tai-Lynia Jones is the Writer/Director of ​"Limbo."

My name is Tai-Lynia Jones; I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. I currently live in Alhambra, California. During the week, I am a Veterans Benefits Coordinator at CalState L.A. [California State University, Los Angeles], but, on the weekends, I am a freelance grip and Director. 

I love gripping because it allows me to learn about lighting and lighting techniques. 

I love to direct because I love working with actors, and telling stories. 

 If I am not working, I am either reading or pretending to be Beyonce. I love to sing to myself. 

I am inspired the most by life in general. There are many things that I want to do in this life, and not having done any of them inspires me to do more. My career goal is to become a notable film Director.

I wrote, produced, and directed the "​Limbo"​ segment in ​9 Ways to Hell​. When I think of being in limbo, I think of being trapped, as you have nowhere to go. When I wrote the "Limbo" ​segment, I took the idea of being trapped into consideration. I thought of all the ways that a person can be trapped mentally. So the main character becomes trapped by his own doing. 

I am a fan of horror when it's done right. ​9 Ways to Hell ​was my first time dealing in horror, so I felt like a fish out of water. I am not a huge fan of gore, but I know you can't have real horror without some form of gore, so I made sure to get the fake blood and tongue-ripping in there. It was such a great challenge and learning experience producing "Limbo"! So I am hoping that as many people get to see it and appreciate the work that we put in... It was a truly rewarding experience.

Interview by Tai-Lynia Jones

Edited by William Mortensen Vaughan

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment