Saturday, June 11

Interview: Dhruv Bali

Dhruv Bali
Dhruv Bali
Dhruv Bali introduced himself to us as an "actor/model living in Los Angeles," and as "a client of Josh Mitchell of Wickid Pissa Publicity."

La Libertad:  Where were you born?

Dhruv:  I was born in Jaipur, India.  It's also called "the Pink City of India."

La Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Dhruv:  Los Angeles, California.

La Libertad:  What do you love most about acting?

Dhruv:  What I love most about acting is being able to play someone else, and tell a story from someone else’s perspective.  Taking on a new set of beliefs, ideologies, physical, and emotional attributes just to be able to play a different character is so much fun!

The other thing I love about acting is the whole process of making a film or a play where, every time you do a new project, the people involved become your new family.  Being on stage or in front of the camera is the most exhilarating feeling I can ever feel; that’s when I feel the most alive.

La Libertad:  What would you like to tell our readers about your latest project?

Dhruv:  My latest project is the feature film The Mirror Game, a psychological thriller; think Fight Club meets the Perfect Murder meets Primal Fear.  It’s a Hollywood/Bollywood collaboration in which I play the lead antagonist.


It was truly a dream role as I get to play the bad guy in a good guy exterior.  It's an amazing written script.

La Libertad:  What inspires your performances?

Dhruv:  The character’s objective/what they are fighting for, is usually a major part of what inspires my performance.  Any given character in the script, usually, if fighting to satisfy a need/a desire...  Just like in real life, we have needs and desires, finding what my character's real need is, and then trying my best to make it come true by using different tactics is what inspires me the most.

La Libertad:  What is the hardest part about auditioning?

Dhruv:  The hardest part about auditions is trying to stay true to the character, and listening to your reader, and trusting that you have done your homework.  A lot of things can go wrong or be completely different from what you imagined them to be.  During that time, one has to remind themselves that all that matters is what your character's objective [is], and where the scene is taking place, and not focusing on what’s going on in the room, but what’s going on in the scene, and your relationship with the other characters.

La Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Dhruv:  I am an avid traveler, being born and brought up in Jaipur and New Delhi, India; I then moved to Pennsylvania State University and the University of San Francisco for college.  So I lived in Pennsylvania and San Francisco, respectively.  I have also traveled to New York, Texas, Miami, and Nebraska in America; Bangkok [and] Singapore in Asia; and Spain, Italy, France, and Amsterdam in Europe.


La Libertad:  What are your overall career goals?

Dhruv:  I would love to be working in feature films full time, and also book a television show which gets picked up for consecutive seasons, like the past hit shows "Breaking Bad," "Mad Men," or "Game of Thrones."

La Libertad:   What new projects do you have in "the pipeline"?

Dhruv:  I recently completed filming the new Cisco commercial and a music video for an upcoming hip hop/house music duo.  I am also in talks for signing another feature film, which will be shot in N.Y.C. [New York City].

La Libertad:  What social media links would you like to share?

Dhruv: 
Dhruv Bali
Dhruv Bali


www.dhruvbaliactor.com
 

www.instagram.com/dhruvbali21
 

www.facebook.com/dhruvbali21
 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCtXNylUre_pouamQIFfJbdQ

La Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to share with our readers?

Dhruv:  You can subscribe to my YouTube channel for fitness, comedy, and motivational videos.


I would love to leave your readers with two of my favorite quotes:


“He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right.”


“You miss one hundred percent of [the] chances you don’t take.”


Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan

1 comment:

  1. Love the feel of your feeling for-what you you wanna do-acting!!--i love the quotes too!---with these looks and determination!!-you are my hero for 300-my jamesbond!!-you can do all!

    ReplyDelete