Monday, December 1

Interview With Jessica Lindsey Gilbert

Jessica Lindsey Gilbert
Introduction by William Mortensen Vaughan  and Jessica Lindsey Gilbert

Jessica Lindsey Gilbert tells us that she "is an American actress and model."  Pro.IMDb.com tells us that she ranks among the top twenty thousand actors (out of approximately ten million), and is known for her work on One Dark Secret and The Becoming (Geovanni Molina, Director).  Apparently, Jessica "discovered her love of acting after her mother took her to see a  theater production of The Wizard of Oz."  She "had been studying dance (jazz, ballroom, and modern) for [more than three years, but decided to put her dance studies on hold to join the theater."  She performed in both local and school theater productions throughout her middle... and high school [years]." She "continued rediscovering her love of acting in 2012 when she was offered a leading role in an independent film. Jessica "attended two years of acting school" in Los Angeles, "and now works with a coach to focus on her acting and modeling career full-time."  She then "acted in several films and pilots," including Winter's End, based on a book by Samantha Summers; and Vacation (John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein, Directors); and "Complications."
 
In addition to acting, Jessica tells that she has modeled for Home Depot, and  Davids Bridal.

LA Libertad:  Where were you born?

Jessica:  Hutchinson, Kansas, [where I was raised] until [age] thirteen.  [Then I] moved to Seattle, Washington.

LA Libertad:  Where do you currently reside?

Jessica:  Hollywood, California.

LA Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Jessica:  Cabo San Lucas, [Mexico] for <<Nos cacharon>> [which means "they teased or made fun of us," in Spanish]. I have traveled a lot in the U.S.A., I especially loved Savannah, Georgia.  I have been to Canada, Mexico, and I am going to travel Europe in 2015.

LA Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Jessica:  Actress/model.

LA Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?


Jessica:  Being able to express and change in modeling.  In acting, I love that I can put myself in someone else's shoes,
and fully see life through their eyes; I hope that others get to go along with me in that journey.  I love to be able to empathize and sympathize with the character, be non-judgmental, and I hope that others will be able to empathize and learn something new about a situation from my characters, [which] they never knew before.  I wish to inspire people through my work.  That's the best part for me - being able to get an opportunity to entertain, inspire, teach, inform - show someone something new.

LA Libertad:  What talents and hobbies do you have?

Jessica:  I play violin; I act and dance.  I love doing any
outdoor hobbies like hiking, biking, horse back riding...  I love cooking, reading, writing...

LA Libertad:  What inspires you?

Jessica:  Seeing someone fully going after their dream.  Watching someone do their passion against all odds.  I don't personally love basketball, but I love watching Michael Jordan, or a dancer really dancing, and singing like Adele pouring her heart out. Anything where someone is fully expressing themselves with a lot of passion is beautiful and inspiring to me.

LA Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job(s)?

Jessica:  I think it can be getting up and going on when you're
tired, or it's hard, or when you have repeatedly been rejected. To just keep going and telling yourself, "I CAN DO THIS!" Some days... I have to remember that failure doesn't define me; it helps me become more successful; and to just keep going.

LA Libertad:  What foreign languages, if any, do you read, write,

and/or speak?

Jessica:  I read and write in Spanish, a little.


LA Libertad:  What are your career goals?

Jessica:  I wish to do more T.V. shows, and films, and inspire

people with them.

LA Libertad:  What projects are you working on?


Jessica:  I am currently... cast for a film; you can find all the details... and also read an interview I just did [at]:

www.jessicalindseygilbert.com/#!news/c13bb

I have a movie that coming out in December, called Spoken.  I also have two films that will be filming in 2015, where I will be a lead, that I am excited about.  One is a physiological thriller called Winter's End.  That is awesome; I play a woman from the Nineteen Forties, and modern day, so that's a nice experience for me.  I also have a film coming out with Josh Mitchell, called Notice of Default, and another film called Jake's JourneyJake's Journey is about a cyclist who has a lot of trials and hard times, and, as the story goes on, I get to help Jake through those his trials, and support him.  I play his love interest.
 
[Find more] info on Winter's End at:

www.wintersendbook.com

LA Libertad:  What upcoming events, if any, do you intend to

participate in?

Jessica:  Well, I am currently going to lots of A.F.M. [American Film Market] and A.F.I. [American Film Institue] Red Carpet premieres and screenings.  I always post all the info for that on my Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram:


twitter.com/jlingilbert

www.facebook.com/jessicalindseygilbert

instagram.com/theejessicalindsey
 

LA Libertad:  What other links would you like to share?

Jessica:  My website:

www.jessicalindseygilbert.com

The movie I am cast for [has an] info page on me[at]:

www.wintersendbook.com/#!actors-news/c1530


My latest interview:

elizagalesinterviews.com/2014/10/16/an-interview-with-actress-jessica-lindsey-gilbert

My modeling photo shoot video in Mexico:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNOyfsbCnQ

An acting reel of mine:

vimeo.com/107317890

A web series I am in, called "G3":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0tSW1jhWU

A music video I am in:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCtS2B1IaA

My IMDb:

www.imdb.me/jessicalindseygilbert

A photo gallery of all my photos:

www.jessicalindseygilbert.com/#!modeling/cfvg


LA Libertad:  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our

readers?

Jessica:  If you always follow you heart, no matter how hard, it
will always pay off in the end, when you get to do what you love.

Photo by Anthony Burton Perez

Interview by Libertad Green






No comments:

Post a Comment