Friday, May 2

Interview With Edwin Oswaldo Gualotuna


Mark Viau (LA Libertad's cover model April, 2014) referred us to Edwin Gualotuna, a Pan America race car driver and accountant from Ecuador, who currently resides in Utah..

WMV:  What does your middle initial, "O.," stand for?

Edwin:  Oswaldo - middle name...

WMV:  Is the "tuna" portion of your surname coincidental, or is "gualotuna" actually a type of tuna fish?

Edwin:  "Tuna" is a coincidental part of my surname.

WMV:  What charities, if any, do you support?

Edwin:  I will be supporting with some percentage the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

WMV:  Driving is physically demanding and mentally exhausting.  What are your diet and exercise secrets?

Edwin:  Yes, driving requires [one] to be mentally and physically fit... running, yoga, eating small portions, drinking hot water after every meal -no sugars, no milk, no alcohol, no tobacco...

WMV:  Your Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/egualotuna indicates that your hometown is Alóag, Pichincha, Ecuador.  Where were you born?

Edwin:  I was born in Alóag, Ecuador.

WMV:  What language is "Alóag" in?

Edwin:  Spanish.

WMV:  Oh, I've never seen a Spanish word or name end in "g" before. I've heard a lot of Hispanics shake their heads and say, "Pinche..."  Is that short for "Pichincha"?

Edwin:  No, the word "pinche" - Mexicans said the word.  In Ecuador we never use the word.

WMV:  What languages do you speak?

Edwin:  Spanish.

WMV:  Your Facebook indicates that you currently reside in Orem, Utah.  Is that still true?

Edwin:  Yes.

WMV:  What brought you to Utah?

Edwin:  To finish my education...

WMV:  Your Facebook indicates that you married Blanca in 'Ninety-Six.  It also indicates that there's an Edwin Junior, and a daughter.  What else, if anything, would you like to tell our readers about your family and friends - especially your mother, since Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks?

Edwin:  Yes, I am married with Blanca; my wife is from Mexico - Guadalajara.  I have four beautiful children:  Edwin Junior, Amanda, Emmanuel and Pilar.  About my mother:  I miss her so much!  My mother passed way five years ago with a uterus cancer.   That's why I support the Cancer Institute.

WMV:  You apparently attended high school in New York, but college in Utah.  What diplomas, certificates, and degrees have you received?

Edwin:  B.S. [Bachelor of Sciences] in Accounting.

WMV:  In your mind, how does New York compare to Utah?

Edwin:  New York is a big city, and Utah is small town.


WMV:  Apparently, you are a race car driver, and drive Lamborghinis.  What other cars do you drive, on and off the track, on and off "the job"?

Edwin:  I do not drive Lamborghinis.  On the track, I drive Formula 3 race cars.  Off the track, I drive a Nissan Quest mini van. 

WMV:  What races have you competed in?

Edwin:  In the local races in Pennsylvania...

WMV:  What places have you raced in?

Edwin:  Nazareth [Pennsylvania] and Pocono [Long Pond, Pennsylvania].

WMV:  What are your favorite travel destinations?

Edwin:  St. Petersburg, Florida.

WMV:  Where would you like to visit, that you haven't already?

Edwin:  I would like to take my family to Paris.

WMV:  Your Facebook indicates that you also worked for ClearCenter.  What exactly is ClearCenter, and what did you do for them?

Edwin:  I am a Finance Manager.  ClearCenter is an I.T. [Information Technology] company.

WMV:  You apparently own and operate at least two businesses:  Edwin O. Gualotuna; and Edwin G. and Accounting, L.L.C.  How many people do you employ?

Edwin:  Yes, I have my Accounting Business an my racing team "Gualotuna Motorsports."

WMV:  As a company owner, where do you stand on minimum wage laws?

Edwin:  I do not have employees;  I do all the work.

WMV:  How has ObamaCare affected your business, as well as your personal life?

Edwin:  Doesn't affect me the Obamacare; I have my own insurance.

WMV:  Are you still taking applications for any of your businesses?

Edwin:  Nto for now, but soon I will be hiring employees.

WMV:  What is the best way for potential employees, investors, and sponsors to contact you?

Edwin:  By e-mail and phone.

WMV:  What do you look for in potential employees?

Edwin:  I like people who have a vision to do the work.

WMV:  What web links would you like to share?

Edwin: 

www.gualotunamotorsports.com

www.panamgp.com

www.edwingaccounting.com

WMV:  Your Facebook lists only one of your favorite quotations:  "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly father will also forgive you." --Matthew 6:14  Are you Christian?

Edwin:  Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints.

WMV:  Who has it been most difficult for you to forgive?

Edwin:  I know many people who did bad things to me; I forgive all because  we are not perfect people.  We have to love one other.  We have our talents and our weakness.

WMV:  What do you consider your greatest sin?

Edwin:  I do not have a greatest sin; as a human bein,g I sin like everybody else.

WMV:  If you were the President, and you could have your way, what "crimes," if any, would you annul?

Edwin:  We all make mistakes;  I always think... a person who does a crime should go to a special rehabilitation program to be treated, so, one day, they can be a better human being.  We have to help each other to be a better person everyday.

WMV:  What crimes do you consider most grievous?

Edwin:  All crimes are grievous; the main thing is to repent and not do it again.

WMV:  Where do you stand on corporal and capital punishment?

Edwin:  In my opinion, nobody deserve to be punished. 

WMV:  Besides driving and accounting, what are your skills, talents, and pastimes?

Edwin:  I like soccer, volleyball; in my pastimes, I spend with my wife and children.

WMV:  What upcoming races are you preparing for?

Edwin:  For the Salt Lake City G.P. [Grand Prix], June 28 and 29...

WMV:  What Ecuatorian traditions and holidays, if any, do you still commemorate?

Edwin:  Mother's Day, Christmas...

WMV:  What plans, if any, do you have for Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day?

Edwin:  Cinco de Mayo,  I've been invited to be at the carnival to promote the Salt Lake City G.P. race.  I will be signing autographs. For Mother's Day, I will go to my sister's house.

Interview by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment