Friday, March 7

Interview with King Blandon

 King Blandon is a teen singer, song-writer, actor, and model who moved to Los Angeles less than two years ago (circa 2012).

WMV:  What is your profession?

King:  I'm a nineteen-year-old singer/songwriter who produces electronic pop songs.  I'm also an aspiring actor, model, and a full time college student.  I'm busy, busy.

WMV:  Where were you born and raised?

King: I grew up in Indio, California.  It's a nice and hot place to grow up in.  You get the small town lifestyle with the city atmosphere.  It's a nice combo I like.  

WMV:  Is this video of you singing at La Quinta High School?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43TcMLnfCE

King: Yes, it's the talent show of my senior year in high school.  

WMV:  In which city and State do you currently reside?

King: I'm in Los Angeles, California. 

WMV:  Besides singing, writing songs, acting, and modeling, what other talents or hobbies do you have?

King: I like to draw when I can.  I draw characters I create.  Those characters then get stories that feed my lyrics.  I spend a lot of time in my head just thinking.  I've been thinking about space-time for about two days [February 20 -22, 2014].  I've been trying to make sense of its properties, and possibly create new theories.  Maybe I'll add scientist to the list too.  

WMV:  What do you love most about your work?

King: My mind is a big jungle, and I like that I can unleash it for the world to explore.  

WMV:  Your interview at ElizaGalesInterviews.com indicates that Ke$ha has inspired you.  Your Facebook indicates that Britney Spears also inspires you.  Precisely what about these women inspires you?

King: I wouldn't say inspire, but aspire.  I aspire to have success at their level.

WMV:  You also indicate that you've derived inspiration from Spider Man, Leonardo Dicaprio, Lana Parilla, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, Johnny Depp, Patrick Stewart, and Zac Efron.  If you could produce and direct all of these people in a film based on a screenplay in which you wrote yourself into the role of Spider Man, what roles would you have each of the others play?

King: I'm not sure they all belong in a Spider-Man movie.  I think all those people have done great work, and I simply hope to do the same. 

WMV:  One of your "Likes" on Facebook is "Mr.Womanizer."  Is that a cartoon character you portrayed?

King: Yes, Mr. Womanizer is a villain in Fantasyland.  I wrote a song called "Mr.Womanizer."  I ended up re-writing it.  I removed the original from the Internet.  I have not re-posted it yet.   

WMV:  If Facebook is any indication, "Once Upon a Time" is your favorite T.V. show.  Why is that?

King:  Boy!  You did your research.  I like that.  The reason is I get to see characters I liked as a kid brought to life in unexpected ways.  

WMV:  You are a member of a Facebook Group entitled "Antonio's Videos."  Who is Antonio to you?
King: That ship has sailed. 

WMV:  You told ElizaGalesInterviews.com that you "outperformed the others" at a "school talent show back in 2011."   Did you take home a First Place trophy?

King:  I didn't compete that year.  I was a bonus act.  It's on video so I can prove it.  I would just need to find that video. 

WMV:  What other awards, if any, have you won?

King: I won Student of the Month countless times in elementary school.  I know now that's not a big deal, but it was then. I'm hoping for a Grammy or Oscar one day.  I would love a V.M.A. [Video Music Award].  I even have my red carpet entrance planned.  One worthy of Lady Gaga and more!

WMV:  One of the things you've learned in acting classes that applies to all walks of life, is to mean what you say.  What examples would you like to share, if any, of cases where that would not apply?

King: Opposite Day [www.oppositeday.com - an unofficial holiday, usually observed February 20, when statements mean the opposite]. 

WMV:  If you needed and could have any unglamorous "day job," what would you choose?

King:  Can I be a stripper?  There are no strippers in my family.

WMV:  You mentioned a dislike for L.A. traffic.  What do you drive?

King:  A Ford Explorer. 

WMV:  What is the hardest part about being in the entertainment industry?

King: All the paparazzi, just kidding.  I feel like everybody says that, so I thought I'd say it to be funny.  I really don't know.  Rejection?  

WMV:  You have a ModelMayhem page as a model.  What is the hardest part about being a model?
King: Diet. 

WMV:  Amen!

Your ModelMayhem intro indicates that you "attended an acting class every Thursday night in North Hollywood."  From what date to what date was that, and why did you quit?

King: I didn't quit. I'm still in it, baby.

WMV:  You should probably make that "attended" present tense, then.
One of your pictures on ModelMayhem features a close-up of a green eyeball.  Are your eyes green?

King: My eyes are green, as you can tell by various photos.  

WMV:  Hard to tell now-a-days, with colored contact lenses and Adobe Photoshop...

Help wanted ads often ask for models with tattoos and piercings.  What thoughts, if any, would you like to share about tattoos and piercings?

King:  I don't like them.  They are not for me.  I'm not agents them.  I feel like if you want one, get one, but I'm not. 

WMV:  Very rare!

Standing over six feet tall, do you prefer a California King to an Eastern King mattress?

King:  The bigger the better.  

WMV:  Standard or Eastern King mattresses are seventy-six by eighty inches, for a total of six thousand eighty square inches.  California or Western King mattresses are seventy-two by eighty-four inches, for a total of six thousand forty-eight square inches, so the Eastern King wins by thirty-two square inches - not very helpful for those more than seven feet tall!

What foreign languages do you read, write, speak, and understand?

King:  I know Spanish.  

WMV:  Where would you like to visit that you haven't been yet?

King:  I want to go to the Moon, but on Earth:  England, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Spain, and Canada.

WMV:  What are your goals for your career?

King:  I want to create an empire - giant world with multiple products I have in mind revolving around the fictitious world I created.

WMV:  What current and upcoming projects would you like to tell our readers about?

King:  I just finished writing a ballad called "Goodbye."  It's a sequel to "Apocalyptic."  In the song, my character, "Leah," says her last goodbye as she dies.  She's killed by two witches after being kidnapped.
 
WMV:  Your song "Unstoppable" is about corruption.  What examples, if any, would you like to share, of corruption in the world, the U.S.A., and Los Angeles?

King:  I'll give you something relevant to the song:  Giving in to other people's influences to please them.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but I see it all the time.  I think people are so afraid of being alone, different, disliked, and being jugged, that they change who they are or act like someone they are not.  I am not afraid, and I do as I please, not how or what you please.

WMV:  What web links would you like to share?

King: 
https://soundcloud.com/king-blandon
https://twitter.com/KingBlandon
http://www.modelmayhem.com/kingblandon
https://www.facebook.com/kingblandon


Interview by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment