Friday, February 7

Interview with Natasha May

Natasha May ((V) on IMDb.com) is an actress who has appeared in The Vagina Monologues, as well as "The Creepy Guy" (James Mason, Director), "Metropolitan Detective" (Marc Chicoine, Director), and The Messiah XXI, (Frank McNamara, Director).

Libertad:  What is your occupation?

Natasha:  I am an actress and model. I am also a freelance fashion designer and yoga instructor.

Libertad:  In which city and state do you live?

Natasha:  I am currently pursuing an acting career in Los Angeles, California.  My hometown is Cape Town, South Africa.

Libertad:  What do you love most about your work?

Natasha:  I love that I can use all the experiences in my life, everything that makes me the person that I am, to bring life into the characters I play. Acting is the most challenging thing I've ever done because it makes me feel vulnerable and shows me that's you've got to always be in the moment and let yourself feel whatever it is you are feeling.

Libertad:  Do you have any other talents or hobbies?

Natasha:  I am obsessed with yoga. I am also a certified yoga instructor. Apart from that, I enjoy hiking and going for long runs on the beach.

Libertad:  What inspires you?

Natasha:  I admire people who go for what they want and follow their dreams even in the face of seemingly unconquerable challenges. My greatest inspiration is Nelson Mandela. The artists I admire are Marilyn Monroe and Charlize Theron, who is also from my country South Africa.


Libertad:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Natasha:  For me, the challenging part about being an actor is also what I love about it; it's allowing myself to be completely in the moment and utterly vulnerable in front of an audience, and able and willing to use my personal, emotional stuff in a scene, and bring a character to life.

Libertad:  Do you speak any other languages?

Natasha:  Yes, I speak fluent Hindi, French, [and] Portuguese as well as a little bit of Spanish. I also took German lessons at one point.

Libertad:  Where have you traveled?

Natasha:  I am from Cape Town, South Africa. My parents are Indian, and so I have traveled to that part of the subcontinent as well as other parts of Asia and the Middle East, including Thailand and Dubai. I also studied in Paris, France, during my undergraduate studies. I completed my college education on the East Coast, in Maine, but my acting career has brought me to the West Coast, and Los Angeles is currently where my heart is.  I recently also visited Alaska with my grandmother.

Libertad:  What are your goals for your career?


Natasha:  An actor I once met on set taught me that it is important for anyone who wishes to be a working actor to set specific and measurable goals. My goal for this year is to go out on at least two hundred auditions, achieve fifty percent callbacks, and book at lease a third. I also plan to book a role on a major television series this year, and ultimately aim to star in a television series. I love drama or anything vampire based such as the Vampire Diaries, LOL. I have done short films, but I plan to work on more films, even though television is my main passion. My goal in my acting craft is to be the best actor that I can, and achieve recognition for performance. For me, one of the best performances I have seen was Charlize Theron in Monster, and I wish to continue to work on my craft, and be able to play challenging characters.  The sky is the limit.

Libertad:  Any upcoming projects?

Natasha:  I recently shot a film series called "Metropolitan Detective," with Director Marc Chicoine, who was also recently featured in your magazine. I played the role of a woman named Falanana, who can see into the future. Me and the cast are excited as the producers plan to take this to film festivals and this would be great exposure for me.

Libertad:  Do you have any links you would like to share?

Natasha:  Yes, my IMDB page, Facebook and Twitter. I am also currently in the process of getting my website up.

www.imdb.me/natashamay

www.facebook.com/actressnatashamay

https://twitter.com/Iam_Natashamay

www.natashamay.com


Interview by Libertad Green

No comments:

Post a Comment