Friday, December 6

Interview with Johanna Rae

Johanna Rae met Annabella Gutman in acting school, and they decided to pursue their Hollywood careers together, so they formed a production company, Royal 11 Films, and produced the sci-fi thriller Rapture; the reality comedy series "Mission Hollywood"; a documentary entitled Kill the Dream, directed by Richard Lowry; and How To Fail In Hollywood.  They are currently seeking to finance three feature films.

WMV:  What is your occupation? 

Johanna:  Producer, actress, model, promo model...

WMV:  Do you have any other talents or hobbies? 

Johanna:  I was a college runner and an all around athlete, so sports is very easy and natural for me; I also have a very competitive nature!  I tend to be really outgoing and have a motivating energy.  I also enjoy writing, and have a lot of friends in the music industry, and will write lyrics, and every once in while, mess around on the production.

WMV:  In which city and state do you live?

Johanna:  Studio City, Califonia.

WMV:  Where have you traveled, and where would you like to travel that you haven't already visited?

Johanna:  I have traveled all over the States, to Paris, France and London, England, as well as Mexico.  I would love to visit Italy; I enjoy traveling and to experience other cultures, and I  really would love to visit every country world wide.

WMV:  What do you love most about your work?

Johanna:  The challenge, the changes, reaching goals, creating new goals, and every project is different than the last.  I'm an artist, so I love bringing characters alive on film and as well as being part of a team that accomplished a project.

WMV:  What inspires you?

Johanna:  God, Family and another great artist:  Life itself!  Many times the simple moment and things in life can be the most inspiring.  I also am inspired by people who have managed to overcome great obstacles in life and accomplished their dreams.

WMV:  What did you think of Miley Cyrus' performances at the recent Video Music Awards, and her body-painted appearance in a a music video by Future?

Johanna:  She is an artist as am I, so it's not really my place to judge, and she is doing what she feels is right for her, and we all have to take chances to expand who we are as an artist . She now is 20 and not the child that we and everyone keeps thinking of.  As far as role models, there are great role models out there that are and are not part of the entertainment industry, and I would encourage parents to show their children some great role models, and I would also encourage them to show them role models that are in other career paths.


WMV:  What is the hardest part of your job?

Johanna:  It's an everyday challenge on every aspect:  producing, acting, writing, and meeting goals...  Not only are you dealing with yourself, you have a team as well.  This is not an easy industry, and it's a challenge every day.


WMV:  What are your specific career goals?

Johanna:  To become a great actress and producer, and to proceed with directing films as well - to work along the side of some of the great talents of the film industry.

WMV:  What upcoming projects would you like to tell the world about?

Johanna:  How to Fail in Hollywood and Kill the Dream (www.failinholywood.com), Mission Hollywood...  I am filming and playing the role of Star in Soul Lake with Director Bryan Martin.  I also have three film projects that are packaged and currently seeking funding...  I have had a few other projects come my way that I am considering.  Also, I will have a 2014 calendar coming out soon that will have hot, exclusive photos!  Looking forward to this next few months and what 2014 will bring...

WMV:  How should potential investors contact you?

Johanna:  The best way would be through Linkedin Johanna Rae [www.linkedin.com/pub/johanna-rae/18/540/4ba], e-mail Johannarae11@gmail.com, or any of my social media sites.

WMV:  What web links would you would like to share?

Johanna:  www.failinhollywood.com, www.twitter.com/theJohannaRae, www.facebook.com/JohannaRaeFanPagehttp://instagram.com/thejohannarae...  Also, web page coming soon...

WMV:  Are you the same Johanna Rae who is an author of "fantasy, paranormal romance and poetry"?

Johanna:  LOL No!  I did see that there is a writer with the same name as mine.

WMV:  Your IMDb filmography only lists two credits:  Mission:  Hollywood and How to Fail in Hollywood.  What credits, if any, are missing?

Johanna:  Soul Lake will be up soon and as well as another film I will be acting in.  Yes, those are the only two listed at the moment.
WMV:  You are listed as a producer of How to Fail in Hollywood... and Kill the Dream.  In ten words or less, how do you fail in Hollywood and "kill the dream"?

Johanna:  Ego, bad judgment, giving up, not being proactive, self doubt...

WMV:  You are the co-founder of Royal 11 Films.  Why royal, and why eleven? 

Johanna:  Royal or royalty explains its self and is a standard; eleven happens to be a favorite number.  I alway make a wish at 11:11 if I see that time come up on the clock.

WMV:  If someone wanted to apply to be in or work on any of your projects, how should they apply?

Johanna:  Linkedin is a great way to connect on a business level, and social media has become another avenue, as well as the old fashioned and still the best:  just meeting someone in person through networking.

WMV:  How did you celebrate Halloween this year?

Johanna:  This year I was pretty low key, and I didn't do the usual big party.  I did dress up though as a sexy ref!  LOL

WMV:  How are you celebrating the holidays this year?

Johanna:  I would love to spend time with family who live in the states of Texas and Arkansas.  It's still in the air due to being busy and wrapping on the film Soul Lake we are still shooting.  The best would to be eating all the good food and having fun with family and friends.  If I happen to be working on a project I will be just as happy, yet will miss everyone a lot; holidays really make me miss home!  Back home people really have a great family day, and family is everything, and wow, the food is amazing! 

Interview by William Mortensen Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment